Dell products everywhere around me, because I like them :) After huge positive experience with Logitech mouses and keyboards I became wanted something new, something more silent and ... something more island-styled. The main weakness of Logitech's keyboards is a creak which inevitable appears due an active using. The second reason is - I don't like existed Logitech's island-styled models at all (besides there are not so many models).
Because of above mentioned I began to choose a different vendor that could give me what I wanted. After a vast research I decided to buy Dell KM717 that in my view was a perfect choice ... almost. The most important drawbacks:
- Very high power consumption. Two AAA batteries enough only for 2 weeks.
- Very loud mouse clicks.
To solve these issues:
- I bought rechargeable batteries.
- I bought Logitech B220 for silence.
I had been using this mixed combo (WK717 keyboard and B220 mice) till Monday (08.07.2019, for about ~1 year since buying) . On Monday the keyboard stopped working (I use a Dell receiver, not bluetooth connections) - it didn't matter how many times I pressed the keys - there were no symbols in output (I tried to do this inside and outside my OS). When I reconnected the receiver - I could type several tens characters and the keyboard stopped working again ... and that repeated again and again.
Here are steps I took for fixing the problem:
- The receiver was connected to different USB ports.
- The receiver firmware was upgraded to the latest version.
- The receiver was checked on different computers.
- All possible RF interferences were eliminated (as much as possible).
But nothing helped. Finally I installed Dell Universal Receiver Control Panel under Windows and reistablished the keyboard and the mouse connections to the receiver. After that the keyboard works as expected - without any freezes :)